The Sacred Sanctuary of the Enigmatic Goddess

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Man is surely a curious creature! What he wanted so much yesterday, is something he really is afraid of today! – Daniel Defoe (Adventures of Robinson Crusoe)

I wanted it so much for as long as I could remember. In fact, I wanted it so bad that I inadvertently placed pressure on the other quite a number of times. My inquiries would normally start with a seemingly innocent question or remark insinuating that it’s high time to move to another phase. But now that the tables have turned, my biggest fear has come true.

I have a tendency to disregard the very thing I am insisting on having if it was given to me late. My father among all people could attest to this. Now, that the tables have turned and the other person is the one pushing for it, I find myself far from being happy. I know I’m supposed to outgrow this attitude, but somehow I couldn’t help but think that there’s more to it than just my attitude. I’m thinking it could be my subconscious, trying to warn me about the weight of my decision and the repercussions if ever.

Why does adult life have to be so complicated?!

~~~o0o~~~


so much for using the third person approach. hehe got tired of it actually, not only it is quite confusing to my readers (feedback from some of you guys) but mostly time consuming. instead of just using one stroke of the keyboard to say "i", i had to do three strokes to refer to myself as she.

So how are you fellow gods and goddesses? I for one have been extremely busy succumbing to my wanderlust. I went to the far flung Pangasinan – to revisit the hundred islands of which I first had the chance to see twenty three years ago!

Sorry no pictures yet. The one who brought the digicam hasn’t finished uploading the pictures.

We went to Big Brother’s house there. It was referred to as such since the latest edition (Teen) of PBB (Pinoy Big Brother) had some shots there where the teen housemates did scuba dive. Of all islands we visited the Marcos Island was the best, where there is the Imelda cave. (haha I know some people will react to this) We had a few minutes uphill trek on the island and then on the top there is an opening, somehow it resembles a volcano. The natives constructed a wooden staircase to enable people to go down the opening. The stairway is more than half the total height of the cave and then at the end of the staircase, we need to dive already. It’s like going inside a really small volcano where there’s crystal clear water inside. There were only 4 of us who were daring enough to jump. It must have been 10-12 feet. Just really scary at first but then after it, we all wanted to do it all over again.

I haven’t been to Boracay but as per Warren (one of my agents who had the chance to go there already), the sand is resembles that of Bora as well as the waters. It’s really clear that we could see the patterns of the sand underneath.

I got a natural high once again. The entire time I couldn’t contain my happiness, I was like a kid in awe of the whole experience. There’s really something about traveling that enriches one person. I don’t know, I just can’t find the words to fully describe it or to capture my thoughts about the entire experience.

I’ll post some of the pictures on my next posts.

12 Comments:

Blogger binx said...

pareho tayo sis. and i have a feeling that i'll feel the same way if and when things finally change between *** and i. hay. =)

good luck. miss you so much! =)

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny thing, when i was reading the first part of your entry, the music i was listening to on my N90 was the theme from "Dying Young." hehehehe...talk about appropriate background music while ranting... i guess it's one of those life's paradox which you can't figure out... =)

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

markie!!! yabang pa N90 N90 na lang tyo. di mo pa ko nililibre.

tin missssshuuuuuutooooooo!!! kelan tayo alis?

7:27 AM  
Blogger geWi said...

i'm glad ur back to using "I".

9:41 AM  
Blogger vina said...

yes, adult life is really complicated, but we can uncomplicate and unclutter it naman. i know, i know, easier said than done, but i guess it's possible!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

di ko matanto baket nga ba adult life e sobrang complicated? agree ako dyan.. sobra..

whats bugging you sis? tara, i-gimik (inom and sayaw) na natin yan ng mailabas...

grabe ha, buti pa kayo ni joyce nakarating na ng hundred islands. ako tong taga-pangasinan, di pa nakakapunta don.. miss ko na kayo.. tara na...

oo yabang na yan si markie.. n90 daw.. hmpf.. hehehe

10:56 PM  
Blogger Yen Prieto said...

hhmm prang alam k na ung 1st part.. pero ewan ko lang ah.. email n lng kta ng direcho at ask n lng kta hehe. chismosa!!!

wow hundred islands, grabeee dpa ko nkakarating jan, ang pathetic ko nga kc hndi man lng ako nakalabas ng luzon nung nsa pinas ako.. kng mag out of twn man ako asin batanggas, laguna lang! pero ung malayuan byahe dko pa naga2wa... kaya nga yan ang gs2 ko gwin sa pnas pg uwi ko, ang iexplore ang kagandahan ng pinas...

3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anak ng baka.. nabuhay namanmuli.. anu naman yan miss i? hehehhee.. kelan mo ba ako tatagpuin at marami akong juicylicious juicy sa iyow...:)
amishu lang siguro...

1:00 PM  
Blogger j said...

Hi there Girl, good thing you mentioned Hundred Islands. I heard about the PBB thing too, must be a reason why more people are now interested to pay a visit. I'll put in on my "must visit" list :)
About the adult life - it's complicated but once you know how to handle the complications, you're on for a great ride!

12:15 AM  
Blogger Yax said...

hi erlyn! :) i'm glad u changed the third person approach. hihihi. u'r right. it was actually confusing for some of us.

i haven't been to pangasinan but from the way u described it, prang sarap puntahan... hmmm... next year maybe.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

weird, i actually liked it when you referred to urself in third person. haha. but seriously...

oohhh hundred islands. i wana go there too!!! looking forward to the pics!!!!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Yoyce said...

hehehe. been to hundred islands but not there in Marcos Island :( anyway, I agree with your friend the sand in Boracay is same with the sand in Hundred Islands.

hmmm.. mas gusto ko ung first person kesa third person reference to yourself. mas madaling intindihin at saka alam ko na ikaw talaga ung nagsasalita. :)

ngayon lang ako ulit nakakapagblog hop

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home